MBA international: Learn the right leadership skills by making your MBA international
MBA international programs can provide business managers with the technical competence and leadership skills to tackle organizational challenges in a globalized world. With all those Master of Business Administration programs out there though, the trick is to find one that will give you the right leadership and management training.
The advantage of an MBA international degree is that it provides you with the extra tools you need to succeed in a business environment that transcends borders. By making your MBA international, you gain a global perspective that is fundamental for any executive engaged with an organization operating in many countries.
What sets international business schools apart
The sheer number of MBA programs out there makes choosing one a test in itself. You can narrow the choice while widening the scope for opportunities by seeking an MBA international program offered by one of the top international business schools.
What makes a business school truly international? Look for a top-ranked business school with these telltale indicators:
- MBA and Executive MBA programs developed in collaboration with international companies that address the demands of globalization
- World-class faculty members from a wide range of different countries with cutting-edge knowledge about how business is conducted across the globe
- Diverse high-caliber participants of varied backgrounds with business experience from around the world, working across all industries
- An alumni of executives in global leadership positions offering networking opportunities to advance your career
- Partnerships with global companies conducting on-campus recruitment
Going beyond academic training
Apart from offering a global perspective, the best MBA programs go beyond providing academic training and technical expertise. Traditional academic institutions — even those with big names and reputations — can be badly out of touch with the fast-changing business environment.
But to meet the requirements of everyday business practice, MBA programs need to be relevant. Some of the most respected business schools work with companies to develop their curriculum to ensure that their executive education programs are compatible.
Building confidence and self-awareness
In addition to the fundamentals of business management training, top MBA programs with an international focus emphasize the importance of understanding human relationships — and yourself. True leadership skills involve broadening your self-awareness and your moral judgment.
Effective leaders need to be aware of their own motivations and behavioral patterns. The right leadership skills training will give you the confidence to act but also the humility to lead. That's not something you're going to find in a textbook.
But in today's business world it is crucial for leaders to be able to navigate organizational situations with the right responses. Expect the best MBA programs to provide professional support for your self-development through customized executive coaching, classroom interactions and leadership assessment.
Experience is key
Top international MBA programs are not open to all comers. At business schools with some of the best MBA programs, spaces are limited to talented people who already have meaningful international exposure to business and have demonstrated leadership potential.
With several years of experience under your belt, what you learn through business degree courses becomes more meaningful. With a hands-on MBA program you can practice what you have researched. And you can deepen your knowledge in the company of other mature participants with whom you interact over a one-year period.
The right program can ensure that you master the business fundamentals and boost your self-awareness so that you can make the best responses to business challenges worldwide. These are just a few of the compelling reasons to consider making your MBA international.
IMD business school
Looking for a top 1-year MBA program?
See how the IMD MBA prepared you for the next state of your career - download the free brochure now!
What kind of executive education are you after? How about IMD's:
- Leadership development program for young managers
- Business management training for high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Corporate trainingfor future business leaders
- Personalized executive business coaching
- Leadership skills training for experienced managers
- Leadership skills training for women
- Strategic management training for business leaders
- Senior management training programs
- Strategic marketing course
- Strategic finance courses
- Training courses for learning executives
- Corporate governance training for board members
- Management succession plan training for family businesses
- custom executive education for companies
- Or use our Program Finder to find out more about IMD's MBA international.