Digital business transformation: Leverage your competitive advantage by investing in digital business transformation
Digital business transformation is something that many businesses are struggling to either launch or implement. Digital technologies have been around for a while but their impact is now permeating every aspect of the business world, posing unprecedented challenges for corporate leaders and business managers.
Organizations that fail to embrace digital business transformation do so at their peril. If your line of business was conceived on the Internet — like Google or Amazon — you're already one step ahead. But if your company is in a traditional business, providing the means for effective digital business transformation is easier said than done.
Simply giving all employees a tablet or splashing out on flashy new technologies is not enough. Indeed, imprudent investments in digital technologies without preparing a blueprint for organization change can be seriously counter-productive.
Where to start?
Job one is training for executives to ensure that they have the leadership skills to plan for and implement digital transformation in their organizations. Top international business schools offer leadership courses that are tailored for this purpose by experts in innovation and strategy.
These leadership classes are aimed at senior executives from all business areas, not just IT. Leaders from marketing, operations and strategy departments are among those typically involved.
What can you learn?
The best digital transformation leadership courses prepare executives to develop a strategic plan for digital business transformation in their organizations. They help business leaders address some of the essential challenges that digital technologies present to companies. You should expect a digital transformation course to:
- Offer solutions on how an old world company can compete with digital technology firms created on the web
- Advise on ways to exploit digital innovations, such as analytics and mobile solutions
- Guide the best route for your organization to embrace more innovation and digitalization
- Determine whether digital technologies are an opportunity, a threat — or both
- Provide answers for companies that know they have to go digital — but they just don't know how
Immerse yourself in digital technology
For business managers not steeped in the world of digital technology, innovations such as the Internet of Things, cloud solutions, big data, analytics and social media can seem intimidating. But there is too much at stake for your company to ignore these technologies.
The right business leadership training from one of the top business schools will bring you up to speed by immersing you in the latest digital tools. This will allow you to better understand how these innovations can be used to leverage opportunities in your company.
Through digital transformation courses you can get the advice you need to develop a winning digital strategy for your organization. It is important to develop the best strategic and organizational foundations that can allow you to boost your company's performance through the optimal use of digital technologies.
Prepare for digital change
Introducing company-wide digital change involves a lot of preparation and planning. Good training and digital strategy consulting can equip you to take on such a project with greater confidence.
You will master how to take full advantage of digital opportunities by restructuring your company and adapting its processes. You will learn how to reduce digital threats and how to recognize digital technologies that challenge your business. There is a lot to absorb. But this kind of high-impact executive education will make it easier for you and your organization to fully embrace digital business transformation.
IMD business school
Want to drive the digital transformation of your business?
See how IMD's Leading Digital Business Transformation program builds your digital strategy & business modeling skills - download the free brochure now!
What kind of executive education are you after? How about IMD's:
- Leadership development program for young managers
- Business management training for high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Corporate training for future business leaders
- Personalized executive business coaching
- Leadership skills training for experienced managers
- Leadership skills training for women
- Strategic management training for business leaders
- Senior management training programs
- Strategic marketing course
- Strategic finance courses
- Training courses for learning executives
- Corporate governance training for board members
- Management succession plan training for family businesses
- Custom executive education for companies
- Or use our Program Finder to find out more about IMD's digital business transformation.