Business management careers: How executive education can boost business management careers
Business management careers offer challenges and potentially heady rewards - but the days when executives could simply pick up managerial experience on the job are largely a thing of the past. In an increasingly complex,globalized environment, companies are demanding more from their executives. Accordingly, management training courses from business management schools play a larger role in advancing business management careers.
Without a doubt, well-tailored executive education can help talented individuals to better meet their career goals and personal objectives. The right leadership courses can accelerate professional business management careers- and help executives deliver better results.
Business management training can deepen your understanding of the latest management theories and world trends critical to the success of international businesses. Well-designed management training programs can groom you for top positions while unlocking the leadership skills you need to manage people with influence and impact. Leadership development programs can also open new perspectives and help you to better understand what it takes to succeed in today's global business environment.
Depending on your experience and qualifications, an executive development program can help prepare you for a variety of business management careers in fields as diverse as human resources, marketing management, public relations, communications and project management.
Specific executive education options to broaden your business management careers outlook include:
- Business analyst training: Business analysis helps companies to navigate the complexities of the international business environment. This entails a deep understanding of business growth strategies to assess how to meet objectives and realize outcomes.
- Conflict management training: Conflict management is about resolving conflicts and reaching consensus amongst individuals or groups. You can polish your credentials with negotiation skills training that can equip you to master conflicts and find win-win solutions. Negotiation training courses can broaden your leadership skills and make you a better all-round manager.
- Finance training: Finance training is an important asset for any business manager. Mergers and acquisitions training and courses on purchasing, financingand financial planning deal with important concepts business professionals need to master. Finance courses can teach best practices, the latest financial tools and ways to assess risks in a rapidly changing market environment.
- Marketing training: Marketing classes can expose you to the latest techniques for boosting awareness about products and services. Best marketing strategies have evolved into an art, providing managers with the optimal tools for marketing and branding a company and what it produces. The right marketing strategy planning can make the difference between corporate success and failure.
Management training courses can also prepare experienced executives for greater responsibilities in business leadership and general management. Such programs include a 1 year MBA or an executive MBA, as well as shorter courses such as an emerging leaders program. Corporate training is also available for senior executives, CEOs and even board members. Such programs generally focus on high-level strategy, leadership and international business management.
Clearly, there is no shortage of options when it comes to training that can advance business management careers. But ultimately your best opportunities will come from top-ranked business schools that focus 100 percent on executive education with a global perspective. Check such respected, independent experts as the Financial Times, The Economist and Forbes to find the top business schools in the world. Then, once you know the kind of training you need, you'll be ready to identifywhich institutions can prepare you for the best business management careers.
Advance your business management career
Need cross-functional business skills for your next career move?
Discover how IMD's Foundations for Business Leadership program can prepare you for more senior management positions - download the free brochure now!
Interested in business management training? How about IMD's:
- Leadership development program for young managers
- Business management training for high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Corporate training for future business leaders
- Personalized executive business coaching
- Leadership skills training for experienced managers
- Leadership skills training for women
- Strategic management training for business leaders
- Senior management training programs
- Strategic marketing course
- Strategic finance courses
- Training courses for learning executives
- Corporate governance training for board members
- Management succession plan training for family businesses
- Custom executive education for companies
- Or use our Program Finder to find the perfect training for business management careers!