Master business management — getting the training you need to master business management
Master business management and you can advance your career and help your company reach peak performance. The right management training courses can provide you with the leadership skills to master business management with confidence.
Good business schools can help professionals working in different job functions to master business management and develop the leadership skills they need to move forward. Of course, when it comes to seeking out the best business management courses you will quickly discover that some are more ideally suited to your needs than others. Your best bet is with top-ranked international business schools with a global perspective that are focused 100% on executive education.
So, in order to properly master business management, you need to look closely at the business school that offers the management training programs that are relevant to your needs. It should not only be renowned for the quality of its leadership skills training, it should also offer a modern learning environment. For instance, a focus on real world executive development, with case studies directly linked to your own business, offers knowledge you can put to use right away. Manager training programs that are customized to address participant issues or which allow participants to directly work on their own challenges will also provide a richer, more meaningful business management education than learning by lectures alone.
Beyond core degrees in business, such as Master in Business Administration (MBA) and Executive MBA programs, the top business schools in the world provide a wide variety of specialized corporate training that can help you master different aspects of business management. Such programs may address:
1. Leadership skills training that helps executives to move to the next level of effectiveness in leading individuals, teams and organizations. The best leadership training digs into your own leadership strengths and weaknesses and provides personalized guidance for developing more effective leadership skills.
2. Finance training that equips business managers with the tools to create value for their company and boost its financial performance. Ideally, you should be able to get a strategic review of your financial capabilities, benchmark your financial skills and acquire skills from such areas as mergers and acquisitions training and financial modeling courses.
3. Marketing training, or a marketing leadership development program, that prepares you to build and maintain a corporate brand and create a marketing strategy plan. These are essential business management skills.
4. Conflict management skills training and negotiation training seminars that expands your capacity to lead change and manage organizations during crisis scenarios.
5. Project management training can help high-potential managers to gain the tools, insights and hands-on experience to take on greater risks and responsibilities.
6. Executive leadership development programs can help experienced managers move from functional roles into general management. The best programs combine business management classes with leadership coaching to deepen your understanding of business fundamentals, enhance your leadership abilities and prepare you for the "big-picture" issues faced by managers at the apex of an organization.
Experienced managers know that in an increasingly complex globalized business environment, learning on the job is not enough. Top international business schools can offer you the extra knowledge you need to succeed. While the above is not an exhaustive list of the types of business management courses available that can help you get to the top, it should help you on your way to finding the right program that will help you to master business management.
Join one of the world’s top EMBA programs
Looking for the EMBA that will transform your career?
See how the IMD Executive MBA can help you fulfill your ambitions - download the free brochure now!
Interested in business management training? How about the following from IMD business school:
- Leadership programs for young managers
- Management skills training for high-potential managers
- Business Administration Degrees
- Business management courses for future business leaders
- Personalized executive leadership coaching
- Conflict resolution skills training for experienced managers
- Program for developing leadership skills for women
- Business development strategy training for business leaders
- Executive leadership development program for senior executives
- Strategic marketing training
- Strategic financial courses
- Talent management training
- Corporate governance course for board members
- Training on family businesses dynamics
- Custom corporate leadership programs for companies
- Or use our Program Finder to explore how IMD can help you master business management!