Executive graduate programs: Grow your leadership talent with executive graduate programs
Executive graduate programs offer a variety of management training solutions to develop leadership talent. The best executive graduate programs provide a way for managers to acquire new knowledge and enhance leadership skills.
And executive graduate programs offer an opportunity for you to pull back from your day-to-day routines and gain fresh insights. At a time when the forces shaping business are becoming more complex, the value of executive graduate programs is rising as leaders look for new ways to stay ahead of the competition.
Making a difference with executive education
Executive graduate programs are popular because they can provide you with leadership and management training you just can't get on the job. The best executive graduate programs offer you the chance to gain new competencies, broaden your knowledge and improve your performance. They expose you to the latest world business trends and different ways of managing.
But not all executive education programs deliver to the same degree. To ensure the best bang for your management training buck, you need to be choosy about where you get your executive graduate programs.
Rankings tell the story
Executive education rankings from highly regarded sources such as The Economist, the Financial Times and Forbes offer a handy thumbnail guide to the top international business schools. These respected publications, which closely monitor the latest business developments, regularly rank the best business schools in the world.
To stay high in the rankings, business schools cannot stand still. They have to constantly update their management programs to ensure they stay relevant in a fast-changing world. Business schools with a track record of scoring well in the rankings offer you some assurance when it comes to the quality of their executive education.
Executive education needs are changing
Lightning changes in technology and shifting markets in a globalized world are transforming the business landscape. That too, is changing the demands of executives and their companies for what they want from executive education programs.
- Leadership and business management training led by experts at the cutting edge of management thought and research who are also tied to the real world of business
- Practical, hands-on training based with specific applications that provide immediate returns to your organization
- Customized executive education programs that meet the individual needs of companies
- Personalized leadership coaching and executive business coaching that leverages one-on-one learning
- A global perspective with a multicultural faculty in tune with globalization
- Talented participants from across the world who challenge each other and provide unique networking opportunities
Working with you and your company
You stand to gain more from business schools that collaborate with companies to develop corporate training programs that address unique challenges and build specific capabilities. Business schools that focus on executive education are better placed to give you the management training you want than universities weighed down by bureaucracy and held back by a tenured faculty.
Institutions that specialize in executive education tend to be more agile. They can respond to your needs more quickly. And they can offer flexible solutions for the delivery of management programs that meet with your agenda rather than the other way round. Distance learning techniques and company-specific projects are among the ways you can benefit from executive programs while spending minimal time away from the office.
There's much more to tell, but these are just a few of the things to expect from the best executive graduate program
Join one of the world’s top EMBA programs
Looking for the EMBA that will transform your career?
See how the IMD Executive MBA can help you fulfill your ambitions - download the free brochure now!
What kind of executive education are you after? How about IMD's:
- Executive development program for mid-career managers
- Leadership courses for experienced managers
- Business management training for young, high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Business development strategy program for leaders encountering a specific challenge
- Top executive education program for CEOs and other senior executives
- Corporate governance best practices program for board members
- Business finance course for senior financial and business executives
- Program for women business leaders
- Or use our Program Finder to find out more about IMD's executive graduate programs!