Program Coordinator & Faculty Assistant
The Job’s mission
Program Coordinators & Faculty Assistants (PC&FA) are the ambassadors for IMD and the first point of contact for IMD participants. Therefore, they contribute highly to the success of IMD and the client experience. In this role, you will manage and coordinate a portfolio of programs, ensuring the smooth running of executive development programs. This entails supporting various stakeholders (participants, the Program Director and suppliers), prior to, during and after program delivery. In parallel, you will act as an assistant to one or more of our Faculty members.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Organize all logistical aspects relating to the preparation & delivery of executive development programs
- Prepare program budgets & execute accounting affairs related to the programs
- Ensure effective and accurate communication is delivered to the participants, faculty and all stakeholders involved in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate different program delivery formats; face to face, virtual and hybrid.
- Ensure all details related to program sessions are prepared and troubleshoot technological aspects when required
- Gather all necessary teaching materials & information from necessary stakeholders and liase with several internal departments (restaurant, security, printshop etc.)
- Handle administrative tasks, follow up with different departments, and organize program logistics such as special events, social activities, session simulations, and support to faculty, guest speakers and coaches
- Create and populate the online learning platform with all necessary program and travel logistics information as well as session preparation for participants
- Provide support to participants during the whole length of the program from one day to several weeks (during program delivery, face to face on or off campus and virtual, some weekend work, evenings and/or possible travel required)
Faculty Assistant (Max 30% of the PC&FA role)
- Carry out general secretarial and other duties as required
- Prepare teaching materials and help for document or database researches
- Provide support in the Faculty’s agenda management
- Organise logistics for internal and external meetings
- When required assist in meeting with clients, take minutes and provide general support
- Organise travel and complex travel planning: reservation of flights, accommodation, visas, etc.
- Manage expenses claims timely and accurately
- Bachelor in hospitality management, tourism, marketing or equivalent
- Strong experience in a customer relations role
- Experience working in an international environment
- Tech savvy – ability to work with virtual conference tools (zoom, X2O, Miro, etc), able to trouble shoot technical issues.
- Fluent in English; a good command of French is a plus; any additional language is an asset
- Computer literate (MS Office necessary,SalesForce and Canvas are a plus)
- Proven organization and administration skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an independent manner
- Excellent communication skills, customer-focused and diplomatic
- Team player is a must
- Stress management, customer-oriented, professional
- Time management, organization and logistics skills
- Strong sense of responsibility with a proactive and positive attitude
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
✓ You are available to start on Monday May 2nd 2022. If not, please indicate notice period/earliest start date as we may have future oppenings.
✓ You are able to travel – thus you are vaccinated for Covid
✓ You hold a valid Swiss work permit or a Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected]