The Job’s mission
Co-design, orchestrate and deliver learning activities across IMD’s offerings including: open, degree, custom and online to ensure world class learning experiences for IMD’s current and future clients. Support and drive pedagogical innovation throughout IMD. This role requires an in-depth understanding of (a) how to tackle complex business and leadership challenges to add value for the client and participants and (b) how to design and deliver high-impact learning experiences that meet the clients’ or participants’ specific needs.
The Learning Manager works in partnership with Program Directors and the Client Engagement team to ensure the successful design, support and impactful delivery of learning objectives via IMD programs and learning experiences.
Key activities & accountabilities
- When required, apply pedagogical skills to design overall learning experiences with Program Directors, the Director of Learning Design, and Client Engagement team as appropriate, ensuring a common “red thread” learning-experience throughout. This requires co-creation with the client to maximize learning and business impact.
- Work with faculty and the client, to develop teaching tools and materials in order to deliver on the program learning objectives, and may include preparation of live-cases, ‘experiential’ leadership days, or action-learning projects.
- Blending of digital and face-to-face learning experiences
- For repeat programs, continue to improve on design based on feedback.
- Liaise and communicate with and between client, faculty, PCFA, coaches, speakers
- Lead and coordinate coaching team and other individuals involved in delivery. Monitor and ensure quality of coaching/sessions delivered by delivery team aside from faculty, through feedback
3.Client Relationship Building and Support
- Work with Program Director, Client Engagement team to manage the on-going client relationship.
- Develop close working relationship with the client’s key contacts. The Learning Manager is a contact point for IMD’s clients, proactively providing updates and feedback on the status of the program.
4.Pedagogical Innovation Projects
- Design and creation of new learning experiences e.g.-self-paced digital learning, learning pathways, blended journeys, train the trainer etc
- Enable cascading of IMD thought leadership throughout organizations via innovative instructional design and creative scalable delivery mechanisms
- Support accreditation of IMD offerings
- Conceive and orchestrate new diploma/program combinations
- Support best practice exchange amongst internal and external Learning Managers, by developing new learning tools or templates, to be shared on an institution-wide basis.
5.Preparation and Delivery of Participant Coaching and Support, Business and Leadership Coaching, Grading/Evaluations
- Manage the pre-program process and timelines with program participants including providing feedback either individually or in teams,
- Facilitate team discussions
- Collate and analyze submissions for input to face-to-face or online module content.
- In degree, open and online programs, provide grading and evaluation services.
- Orchestrate/conduct business or leadership coaching sessions pre-, during and post-program, in the context of action-learning, These services could involve 360 degree feedback sessions, peer feedback sessions, outdoor exercise session debriefs and personality survey feedback sessions.
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent degree.
- Instructional Design
- Project Management
- Extensive work experience on a wide range of strategic/business topics e.g.: strategic management consulting, functional roles management positions.
- Experience in :
-Working with executive education clients or senior executives
-Developing leadership competences
-Building leadership development agendas
-Coaching teams and individuals
-Working with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Instructional Design
- Leadership development
- Strategic/management consulting
- Action learning design and facilitation
- Digital /Blended Learning
- Transformation and Innovation
- ‘No job too big or too small’ mentality
- Ability to successfully manage a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure results
- Highly flexible to adapt to internal and external changes
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.