IT Systems Engineer
The Job’s mission
The IT Systems Engineer is a member of the IT Operations Team and is in charge of designing, building, monitoring, administering and operating IMD’s IT Systems to ensures high level of availability and security. The IT Operations Team is composed of Network and System engineers working closely together and capable of helping each others. Therefore the IT Systems Engineer is expected to embrace a “Swiss knife” approach and to work on various topics such as virtualization, servers and databases management, storage, and backup. Another important aspect of the role is to contribute to IMD’s cloud first strategy. This includes the administration of SaaS applications, as well as the migration and management of applications and services from our on-premise datacenters to IMD Azure cloud environment (IaaS/PaaS).
The members of the IT Operations Team collaborate with the Architecture, the Development and the Support & Services teams to ensure efficient solutions lifecycle.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Performs a variety of IT system engineering tasks around server (SCCM), storage (SAN & NAS), backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations
- Operate SaaS applications and services (O365, Azure AD, Netbackup, CloudFlare, Cisco Umbrella, etc.)
- Establish cloud deployment best practices and migrate remaining on-premise services and applications to Azure cloud, leveraging most appropriate native Azure services
- Deploy, configure, manage, monitor and support applications and services in Azure cloud
- Design and implement security and data protection options, including HA and BCP protection in Azure
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support in collaboration with the IT Support & Services team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Manage projects to delivers IT services in accordance with established objectives
- Create and maintain documentation, from architecture diagram to detailed procedures
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Azure certifications is a plus (AZ-900, AZ-104, etc.)
- At least 5 years in a System Engineer or similar position
- Demonstrable experience deploying enterprise workloads to Azure
- Sound expertise in Microsoft environment (O365, Azure AD, SCCM, etc.) and in the areas of Windows Servers, VMware and SQL databases
- Experience with storage and backup solutions
- Good skills in (Azure) cloud VM, server and database technologies
- Ability to automate tasks using PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Proven time and project management skills, able to self-organize and deliver fast
- Excellent analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Willingness and desire to continuously learn and self-develop
- Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication to both technical stakeholders and senior management
- Proficient English, French is a plus
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability (such as dyslexia, sight and/or hearing disabilities, etc) and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.