The Job’s mission
The mission of the Graphic Designer is to be responsible for the coherence and consistency of the IMD brand across the whole organization. The Graphic Designer supervises the execution and on-time delivery of high quality creative assets by her/his team, including print materials and digital assets.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Support the Design Team’s mission while ensuring coherence and consistency of the IMD brand across the whole organization
- Coordinate projects with external partners and IMD stakeholders - Centers/Events
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in collaboration with the team, Visual Design Lead and the stakeholders
- Produce sketches, storyboards, and visualize ideas
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the design team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions with the final validation
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Coordinate all the printing requests for proposal with the internal/external partners
- May coach junior designer and interns
Fine art or equivalent visual design school with specialization in Graphic Design and Branding
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Graphic Design, Branding and the Printing chain
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience with premium brands, corporate environment or having worked in agencies
- Proven experience in online graphical production and offline projects
- Experience in project management of offline projects
Outstanding portfolio of previous work is considered more useful than specific qualifications
- Outstanding creative talent capable of delivering world-class graphic design
- Strong experience and knowledge in Branding
- Excellent visual execution
- Knowledge of design productions for multi-channels campaigns (web and print)
- Introducing and applying expert art direction to the visual elements of creative projects
- Reviewing the work of designers and providing direction and feedback
- Supervising and training interns
- Uncovering new ways to inspire IMD’s brand
- Fluency in English (oral and written), French a plus
- Team player, always putting IMD premium brand and IMD customers interests first
- Ability to lead a team from a creative perspective (no managerial duties)
- Advanced skills in: Adobe Creative Suite and the printing chain
- Strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation and illustration
- Broad understanding of marketing design and layout
- Ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and visual concepts
- Confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally
- Flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to the needs of clients
- Passion for advertising and commercial art
- Keen eye for visual details and accuracy
- Resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Highly aesthetic sense
- Acute attention to details
- Self-motivated, well organized
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to pitch creative ideas
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
IMD is a leading academic institution welcoming thousands of participants to our campus in Lausanne every year. We have a duty to protect our employees, participants, suppliers and other members of our community against transmission of COVID-19 and to ensure our campus provides a safe environment for our all participants to embark on their executive education journeys with us. To fulfil this obligation, we require all candidates for new positions show proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. Exemptions exist for those unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons as well as those who have a result test positive following a serological test.