Associate Director – Corporate Engagement
The Job’s mission
To contribute, as a member of the Career Development Center, to the development and implementation of the corporate engagement strategy, with the aim to build and consolidate relationships with employers from designated industries and increase the number of opportunities presented to our MBA students.
Key activities & accountabilities
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the corporate engagement strategy, with the aim to build and consolidate relationships with employers from designated industries and increase the number of opportunities presented to our MBA students
- To strengthen and deepen existing relationships with employers.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with potential employers:
- establish first contact with target companies, sourcing leads from students, alumni, faculty and others, and often cold-calling company representatives to establish relationships on behalf of the IMD MBA
- First contact with target companies:
- assessment of company recruiting needs
- formulation of collaboration proposals in alignment with the corporate engagement strategy and the needs of the MBA students
- maintenance of relations with the representatives of the employers identified preselection of candidacies
- trips abroad and in Switzerland for knowledge visits to employers
- To scout offers for candidates, information on job offers and application methods
- To develop, plan implement and evaluate appropriate corporate engagement and recruitment events across specific industries and geographies
- To offer support and career advice to students
- To analyze data relevant to career placement of students and alumni and prepare regular reports to keep track of the corporate engagement efforts.
- To assist with rankings data collection efforts
- To establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders (such as admissions, program delivery, Dean of the MBA, faculty, alumni office, client and market development office, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of five years of experience in career development or a relevant business environment required
- Comfortable proactively reaching out to contacts, cold-calling company representatives, and establishing a relationship.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated initiative, creative thinking, analytical, and persuasion skills required.
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts in a multitude of communication methods i.e., in person, email, phone required.
- Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, with a track record of establishing positive client relationships required.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work flexibly.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.