The Job’s mission
A challenging and varied legal counsel role in a small legal team within a Foundation with Swiss roots and global reach.
Key activities & accountabilities
- The position reports to Co-General Counsel
- The main part of the role is to be in charge of the end to end contract management including negotiation, drafting and review of complex commercial contracts with large international corporate clients, including RFI/RFP, client procurement process, working closely with the IMD sales team and administrative follow-up.
- Be responsible for the legal reviews, development of new and the maintenance of existing contractual relationships with suppliers.
- Drafting and review of all types of legal documents (such as commercial contracts, terms and conditions, training materials and compliance documents).
- Preparing and maintaining legal templates, and providing internal training when need be.
- Providing practical legal advice and support to all internal departments on day-to-day business.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies, and to pro-actively engaging with and contributing to the team
- Master’s degree in Swiss Law (preferred) or other jurisdictions
- 8+ years of legal experience in a international and multi-jurisdictional environment, preferably in-house.
- Proven competence in Contract Law and Corporate Law.
- Knowledge of data protection, sanctions or tax law would be a plus.
- Strong commercial/negotiation skills, ability to balance legal risks and business objectives, with high aptitude to engage with clients, often in a very asymmetrical context.
- Solution-oriented thinking, flexible, collaborative, fast learner, with a hands-on mentality and ability to solve complex issues quickly.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, as well as part of a small legal team in a multicultural institution;
- Demonstrated communication, team building, inter-personal, writing and analytical skills;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and ability to communicate in French.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.