Publishing Liaison Lead
The Job’s mission
Our ambitious Communications team is seeking a Publishing Liaison Lead to help manage and optimize leveraging IMD authored books from ideation to publication and promotion.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Organize and coordinate the book publishing process at IMD, define clear strategies, policies and guidelines interacting with stakeholders (IMD Faculty, R&D department, publishing houses)
- Provide IMD Faculty with professional guidance and support in book publishing process, from the manuscript preparation to the submission to publishing houses;
- Act as main contact person for publishing houses, negotiate and coordinate partnerships, manage relationships;
- Act as main liaison between IMD stakeholders and external publicists throughout promotion of IMD authored books
- Manage internal aspects of publishing for IMD faculty (from contract with authors to distribution): provide clear information about contracts, procedures, printing costs, layout and formatting etc.
- Manage royalties for what is due to IMD institutionally
- Coordinate a pool of external authors/ghostwriters that can support completion of manuscripts for submission to publishers
- Bachelor or masters public relations, journalism, communications, business or English
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in either managing book publishing projects or working as a book publicist
- In-depth knowledge of the business book publishing industry
- Experience in working with senior executives and leaders
- Excellent project management skills, demonstrable organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Ability to juggle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure; self-starter, ability to work both independently and effectively with others; strong team player
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinker
- Independent self-starter with initiative and drive to overcome obstacles and see projects through to a successful conclusion
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.