The Job’s mission
Help individual executives understand and achieve their business, professional and personal goals through the best choice of learning and development experiences, by understanding their needs and the IMD Open Program portfolio.
Drive Open Program sales and revenues through leads conversions and admissions in line with participants and sales plan objectives.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Pro-actively engage our clients in collaboration with other internal teams such as Marketing and Alumni: manage interest and outreach and improve lead follow-ups and enrolment conversion efforts by the most appropriate and effective personal communication means and messaging (video conference, telephone, e-mail, campus visits, etc.)
- Advise individual buyers and sell IMD’s Open Programs via following up on leads drive conversions.
- Manage the direct, in-bound requests for information for Open Programs: coordinate the sales opportunities and inform and advise potential participants recommending them the appropriate program or connect with other IMD departments. If no suitable IMD alternative and where relevant, suggest other external alternatives.
- Monitor, proactively uncover and identify other sources of leads and interest in IMD’s Open Program portfolio and follow up accordingly.
- Work actively with other IMD Teams like Marketing, Communications, Program Delivery etc. to effectively:
- Build and maintain strong prospect interest and lead pipeline for Open Programs to meet set target.
- Contribute to strengthening client engagement and referrals
- Convert and enroll interested and qualified executives
- Develop and maintain a strong, deep understanding and feel for the Open Program portfolio – and a mastery of specific programs technical aspects, features and above all the benefits and solutions candidates can expect to experience
- Deepen relationships with participants and clients established in the EDS process, to aid in the next steps of their individual learning journey and referrals
- Monitor and manage program enrolment by directly liaising with Program Delivery, including the management of nationality and company quotas, blocked seats, forecasts for hotel planning purposes, overbooking, pushing of weak sessions and updating program session status on IMD website
- Contribute to efforts when necessary to ensure highest quality registration experience, by working closely with Client Services Specialists in the EDS team and other IMD teams.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ work experience
- Sales and Business Development experience with successful track records in Executive Education, Hospitality, Luxury, Private Banking or Service industry
- Excellent Computer skills – MS Office, CRM/Salesforce, reporting a plus
- Ability to convert business opportunities in sales revenues
- English mother tongue or complete fluency, French. Any other European or Asian languages a plus
- Excellent oral (telephone and face-to-face) and written communications skills
- Outstanding ability to organise, prioritise and produce consistently high-quality work
- Eagerness to learn
- Customer-focused with a lot of initiative and diplomacy
- Sense of initiative with attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and self-management
- Ability to work in an international fast-changing environment
- Team player
- Confident when dealing with clients with strong ability to manage objections, to define next steps and to deliver the committed requested information on time.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.