Process Improvement Analyst - CDD 12 months
The Job’s mission
Within the Finance & Accounting department, the mission of the Controlling team is to provide our top management with detailed financial analysis, excellent business insight, scenario planning & Business Performance reporting to support sound decision making and help reaching the institution objectives.
We aim at establishing a sustainable and efficient business partnership, with client departments across IMD to gather and provide qualitative financial information.
As Process Improvement Analyst, you will have the opportunity to partner on key projects for the institution and finance function. In addition, you will be able to experience the atmosphere of being part of one of the most prestigious business school worldwide.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Map established financial cycles processes and related IT systems connection.
- Discuss recommendations with Steering Committee and key stakeholders for solving, existing process challenges.
- Document “As is Process” and “To be Proposed” in a structured and organized way
- Discuss and align with different functions future process design following implementation while acting as an ambassador for improving the quality and effectiveness.
- Monitor performance through statistical reporting and analysis. Define set of KPI’s and build related scoreboard for monitoring and communicating across the institution processes improvement.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the Processes/ Change / Problem / Knowledge Management.
- Prevent negative trends by properly raising and reacting to performance gaps.
- Build and enhance strong internal customer relationships and acts as an escalation point for the Finance community.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- 5+ years’ work experience within Finance Organizations with proven success delivering results in Process Improvement projects
- Passion for making the way we work better
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Good comprehension of ERP environments. Sales Force and Financial Force systems an advantage
- Ability to challenge with diplomacy
- Communication skills, both written and oral
- Critical thinking
- Proactive and highly organized
- Not afraid to ask questions, continuously curious and inquisitive
- Team player with ability to function well independently when appropriate
- Advanced Excel and MS Office skills in general
- Fluent in English (minimum C1)
- Conversational French a definite plus
- Self-motivated, results focused
- Agile, innovative
- Structured, strong planning skills
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.