Marketing Content Specialist
The Job’s mission
To create relevant and impactful marketing and sales content to attract, engage and acquire a clearly defined and understood target audience – to help drive IMD’s various programs and services.
Specifically, manage and create marketing and sales content for IMD open programs.
- Develop breakthrough, innovative editorial content, storytelling and messaging that attract and convert interested prospects into customers
- Own and develop key content, messages and differentiators for IMD educational programs and services
- Reflect IMD Vision, Values and Strategic Direction in marketing and sales materials
- Adapt the voice of IMD Faculty and client engagement team to assure that messaging matches customer needs accurately
- Work with program marketing, communications, multimedia, direct marketing and client engagement teams to develop content strategies and collateral to reach existing and win new customers.
For each program, define the tone, the voice. Own and create marketing & sales content assets to support the sales of IMD’s entire portfolio of open programs
Tasks could include:
- Development of marketing and advertising messages
- Sales support documents for client engagement team
- Websites and landing page creation and update
- Program brochures
- SEA, SEO, social media messaging
- Support nurture campaigns where needed
- Video storyboarding, briefing, messaging, interviewing and editing
- Ad-hoc writing and proofing requests
- Master degree (preferably) in marketing or communications
- Advanced courses/training in story-telling, creative writing, digital content creation, or sales/marketing copywriting would be an asset
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in copywriting/editing, including writing for the web (essential)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in print production, preferably as an editor/project manager (essential)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in marketing/sales communications (essential)
- Experience with web content management systems, preferably 1-2 years (essential)
- English mother tongue. French an asset
- Highly proficient copywriting, editing and proofreading skills in English
- Thinking out of the box, brings new, innovative and creative ideas
- Strong organization and project management skills: meets deadlines; able to manage multiple different projects at the same time
- Fast, efficient, but also good with details
- Highly business aware: service- and customer-oriented; diplomatic; politically aware; professional in all dealings with internal and external IMD stakeholders; puts internal customers first; reacts quickly to requests and “issues”
- Common sense and solution oriented: finds easy solutions, simplifies processes, and comes with recommendations, not problems
- Works independently; highly motivated; proactive; self-starter; team player; creative and innovative
- Must understand business issues
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.