IT Support Specialist
The Job’s mission
As an IT Support Specialist you will be assisting the end user community – IMD staff, faculty, participants and alumni - with technical and functional service requests, in a user-friendly and professional manner. You will organize and plan interventions, tasks and loans for the IT/Audio-Visual Support team and provide phone and on-site technical support.
Key activities & accountabilities
Desk and Second Level Support
- Act as a primary point of contact for all internal IT related user queries/issues, providing 1st and 2nd line technical support and ensure high-class support;
- Delivering IT support for installing, maintaining and servicing IT related products: computers, Software, Salesforce, IMD Systems, printers, mobile devices etc.
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools whenever possible;
- Providing utilization support for Auditoriums, conference rooms and study rooms
IT projects and Technological monitoring
- Managing Helpdesk projects
- Writing up business cases and projects brief
- Actively monitoring technological developments and proposing solutions for business needs services equipment.
IT Documentation, Training and Knowledge
- Creating, updating and publishing IT related documentation (including process and procedure)
- Drafting memos to end users on system outages, maintenance and helpful hints
Purchase, Storage and Inventory
- Purchasing IT related equipment (orders, quotes, parcels etc.)
- Managing IT supplies stock management, storage and inventory
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years as an IT end-user support
- Strong knowledge in hardware, software, wireless networks and communication devices
- Strong Microsoft 365 and common corporate softwares
- Strong knowledge in Windows-based operating systems and Mac
- Knowledge of Salesforece, Zoom, ServiceNow, Jira
- Excellent skills in English.Good knowledge in French.
- Technical CFC related to IT Certifications is a plus.
- Able to effectively prioritize and function in a high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Highly service oriented with excellent customer-facing skills
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.