Global Board Center Associate Director
The Job’s mission
Help boards be better around the world through education and more.
Participate first hand in the improvement of governance practices.
Key activities & accountabilities
Work closely with the Global Board Center Director to develop governance programs and development processes appropriate for IMD, to successfully:
- Diagnose board directors learning and development needs and knowledge of how IMD can help and what possible L&D solutions may look like.
- Develop close working relationship with participants and clients’ key contacts.
- Lead and coordinate learning journey with the Learning Managers, coaching team and other individuals involved in delivery. Monitor feedback.
- Enable cascading of IMD thought leadership throughout organizations via innovative instructional design and creative scalable delivery mechanisms.
- Conceive and orchestrate new diploma/program combinations.
- Expand the center activities by:
- Engaging and acquiring new clients; Expanding and maintaining client relationships in the assigned region and acquiring new clients through the consistent application of IMD corporate development strategies, tools, policies and procedures.
- Co-preparing proposals for opportunities coming in and co-owning the bidding of these including the pitch.
- Meet expectations for activity and CRM documentation (contacts, accounts and custom opportunities) and overall approach.
- Support further projects/work for addressing directors needs.
- Depending on the incumbent’s interest and competencies incumbents may:
- Lead the Board Diploma Degree.
- Contribute to practical papers and other outputs from the Board Center to support directors best practices.
- Masters degree ideally in Law, Business or fields related to Governance
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Governance or Business/Client Facing roles with strong project management capabilities
- Proven track record of interaction with board members
- Must have commercial strategy responsibilities
- Ability to build credibility quickly with board members, constructively challenge client assumptions
- Good client facing capabilities
- Comfortable with picking up the phone to engage potential/current participants and clients
- Able to deal with cultural diversity and to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to sift through data from multiple sources
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to work on multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks accurately, on-scope and on time
- Pro-active and comfortable taking initiatives
- Hands-on, can do and solution focused positive spirit
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
IMD is a leading academic institution welcoming thousands of participants to our campus in Lausanne every year. We have a duty to protect our employees, participants, suppliers and other members of our community against transmission of COVID-19 and to ensure our campus provides a safe environment for our all participants to embark on their executive education journeys with us. To fulfil this obligation, we require all candidates for new positions show proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. Exemptions exist for those unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons as well as those who have a result test positive following a serological test.