General Ledger (GL)
The Job’s mission
As part of the Accounting team, the General Ledger Accountant will have a crucial role in taking care of general ledger accounts and financial statements. He/she will work closely with the Financial Accounting Manager, with all Finance colleagues and other partner departments. Finally, he/she will take an active part in the implementation of process, system improvement projects and regular closings.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Reconcile financial statements and accounts (including Balance Sheet)
- Maintain accounting records and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly closings
- Create accurate consolidated annual financial statements under Swiss GAAP RP and Swiss statutory accounts
- Support audit process
- Lead IMD Singapore accounting, control and ensure correctness of IMD Singapore books under Singapore GAAP
- Intercompany recharges
- Create VAT statements including reconciliation
- Take care of various GL complete tasks
- Assist with the development of more junior members of the team
- Degree or higher education in accounting (Federal certificate or Bachelor/Master degree)
- 5-6 years of experience in accounting/finance environment
- Experience in an international environment
- Strong knowledge of Swiss Gaap RPC and Swiss Code of Obligations
- Computer literate (MS Office, excellent Excel skills and Accounting ERP system knowledge)
- Fluency in French and very good knowledge of English
- Excellent communication skills, customer-focused and diplomatic
- Outstanding ability to organise, prioritise and produce consistently high quality work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to take initiatives and adapt quickly in order to meet deadlines
- Self-driven personality with strong attention to detail
- Flexible, proactive and open-minded
- Results driven, pro-active with a can-do hands-on mentality, takes initiatives
- Strong team spirit and willingness contribute actively to the overall team spirit
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
IMD is a leading academic institution welcoming thousands of participants to our campus in Lausanne every year. We have a duty to protect our employees, participants, suppliers and other members of our community against transmission of COVID-19 and to ensure our campus provides a safe environment for our all participants to embark on their executive education journeys with us. To fulfil this obligation, we require all candidates for new positions show proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. Exemptions exist for those unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons as well as those who have a result test positive following a serological test.