Family Business Engagement Manager
The IMD Global Family Business Center’s mission
We help families build a stronger and sustainable family business ecosystem by addressing their societal, business, ownership, family and individual strategies and well-being.
The Job’s mission
The Family Business Engagement Manager will help family businesses, family offices and family foundations around the world be better through education and more.
Key activities & accountabilities
To lead the centers client engagement efforts through:
- Connecting with globally leading family enterprises and family offices;
- Matching needs with ideal learning solutions from IMD’s portfolio of family business programs and advisory offerings;
- Developing and maintaining close working relationship with past and future participants;
- Identifying and visiting key prospects;
- Managing and developing strategic partnerships;
- Managing the pre-sales process, programs and special projects;
- Increase market presence;
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM (Salesforce).
To maintain the highest level of client satisfaction and excellence through:
- Designing optimal communication processes;
- Continuously reinforcing the centers members’ network;
- Assuming leadership for special projects and initiatives;
- Supervising the delivery of programs and special projects;
- Process improvement and internal reporting;
- Monitoring feedback.
To help continue to develop the centres activities through:
- Strategic support in ensuring quality proposals and (new) program designs;
- Supporting the research and development activities of the Center;
- Interfacing with other IMD departments;
- Supporting fundraising activities and research projects;
- Providing support and guidance to the team and foster a spirit of enthusiasm, harmony and cohesion within.
- Business degree, ideally with specialization in family business (or fields related to these).
- 5 years of relevant experience in client facing roles with strong project management capabilities;
- Proven track record of interaction with family business owners, UHNW individuals, C-suites, board members, executives and NxGen family members;
- Commercial strategy responsibilities.
- Able to quickly build credibility with members of family businesses and constructively challenge client assumptions;
- Good client facing capabilities and happy to deal with cultural diversity;
- Comfortable with picking up the phone to engage participants and prospects;
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to sift through data from multiple sources;
- Able to work independently, under pressure and on multiple opportunities simultaneously;
- Pro-active and comfortable taking initiatives;
- Hands-on, can do and solution focused positive spirit;
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English;
- Great attention to detail and a high level of professional performance;
- Warm and engaging personality;
- Strong empathy for families in business and families of wealth;
- High sense of personal responsibility;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Superior ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive material and confidential issues.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.