EMBA Cohort Director (60%)
The Job’s mission
For an EMBA cohort, ensure participants achieve their program aims through coherent and consistent development-oriented guidance. Develop a learning community within the cohort and curate relationships with, and between, participants and stakeholders both internal and external to maximize real impact. Share insights from participants with the EMBA team and faculty to improve the participants learning journey and innovate the program.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Interview participants about their expectations and aims for the EMBA program
- Help participants to define and refine their program learning objectives throughout their journey
- Support participants to deal with difficult situations within, or outside, the program
- Support Participants in identifying their career objectives, direct them towards the appropriate career resources and prepare them for their sessions with career strategists
- Support EMBA program leaders in defining learning contracts and handling probation and dismissal decisions
- Maintain contact with cohort alumni and provide guidance on their development to help ensure the maximization of "aims achieved"
- Keep track of participants aims through the journey and provide an overview and update to the EMBA team as they evolve
Support Executive Career Resources
- Support participants to use "Executive Career Management Resources" (ECMR), and align needs with other cohort directors
- Liaise internally (CLN) and externally for ECMR
- Help participants find, and work with, assignment sponsors to achieve “Real Learning. Real Impact”, where additional support is required
- Build relationships with participants through formal and informal discussions
- Attend a significant proportion of core modules and discovery expeditions
- Follow individual participants’ progress in the program by monitoring the academic tracking and the peer evaluations
- Use platforms, such as LinkedIn & Twitter, to stay connected and involved with participants and alumni and to improve the awareness of the IMD EMBA
Continuous improvement and innovations
- Understand the overarching learning objectives of the program and know how to break them down into their respective cohort modules
- Support the program leaders and other cohort directors by sharing insights from participants to continuously improve the program
- Share insights from participants with individual faculty for optimal alignment across professors and across cohorts
Recruiting and admissions on a needs base
- Support the EMBA team by presenting the program to potential candidates at fairs, information sessions and other recruiting events
- Support the admissions office by evaluating participants’ profiles and/or conducting interviews for candidates entering the affiliated cohort when required
- Support the EMBA marketing and communication efforts through postings on social and traditional media
- Masters level in business
- Executive Coaching Certification ICF accredited or University Certified Program
- Facilitator Certification a plus
- Managerial experience with a general management/strategic/international orientation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in executive development and coaching
- Experience in executive education (program design, development of learning community)
- Experience in facilitation
- Ease in dealing with senior executives
- Communicate effectively in English, with excellent oral and written skills, to senior leaders, faculty, experts and the EMBA team
- Expertise in executive development
- Ability to provide career counselling
- Ability to network participants with internal and external stakeholders
- Execution and detail-oriented
- Project management: ability to prioritize and to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact with executives and to win their confidence
- A genuine curiosity for the latest in management thinking
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work independently
- Capacity to work hard and under pressure
- Willing to travel overseas
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.