EMBA Associate Dean
The Job’s mission
Together with the Dean of the EMBA, lead and grow IMD’s Executive MBA program comprised of the 12-month Mastery Stage, based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Be responsible for all aspects of program delivery, and a seamless transition to alumni status.
Oversee program recruiting events and the admissions process
Lead and inspire a multi-cultural team and work closely with a host of internal stakeholders – including Faculty, Marketing & Communications and Client & Market Development team.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Support the Dean of the EMBA program in setting strategy definition and leadership direction
- Lead the delivery of the 2-year program plan and establish key program dates in coordination with institutional needs
- Oversee the development and delivery of all aspects of the program: in-class and online, ourse scheduling, planning and staffing resources
- Oversee the program discovery expedition planning, together with the Cohort Director, the EMBA team and the designated Discovery Expedition Leader faculty
- Lead development of program innovations
- Oversee recruiting activities and admissions, working closely with the EMBA Admissions Manager. Active participation to support recruiting activities.
- Manage the Executive Career Management module and Career Strategist resources
- Represent the IMD EMBA externally within the industry, associations and with prospective particpants, sponsoring organizations and strategic partners, together with the Dean
- Work together closely with R&D on the IMD Accreditation agenda for the EMBA accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS) and external rankings (ie. Financial Times)
- Manage, supervise,recruit, empower and develop the EMBA team
- Define the EMBA budget and ensure profitability through effective cost management
- University degree in business
- MBA or equivalent
- Substantial business experience with a general management/strategic/international orientation
- Management experience in an academic environment desirable
- Dealing with executives on a peer level
- Multicultural experience – international career
- Demonstrated experience in managing people
- Understanding of executive education, both online and on campus
- Marketing expertise and ability to engage alumni and sponsor companies
- Big picture thinker who can pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize and to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to absorb new information quickly relating to a broad range of business issues
- Ability to interact with executives and to win their confidence
- Credibility to discipline participants required to maintain high standards
- A genuine curiosity for the latest in management thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.Ideally English mother tongue. Some spoken French desirable
- Ability to work independently and capacity to work under pressure
- Flexibility and willing to travel overseas
- Excellent Team Leadership, people management and development skills
- Ability to build effective teams: create strong morale and spirit in his/her team; share wins and successes; foster open dialogue; let people be responsible for their work; define success in terms of the whole team
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
IMD is a leading academic institution welcoming thousands of participants to our campus in Lausanne every year. We have a duty to protect our employees, participants, suppliers and other members of our community against transmission of COVID-19 and to ensure our campus provides a safe environment for our all participants to embark on their executive education journeys with us. To fulfil this obligation, we require all candidates for new positions show proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. Exemptions exist for those unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons as well as those who have a result test positive following a serological test.