IT - Digital Product Manager
The Job’s mission
To manage and coordinate a number of complex Business and IT projects simultaneously: in depth collaboration with business stakeholders, define and monitor activities, dependencies and requirements.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Understand the organization’s and the business unit’s strategic goals and objectives, and deliver products and services that support and enhance business outcomes
- Continuously monitor product roadmap and advise business stakeholders of possible innovations and related business benefits
- Own the product lifecycle from the strategic vision to implementation
- Gather, organize, analyse and document requirements; understand the business and user pain points, for which identify effective and efficient product solutions
- Measure ROI, solution effectiveness and quality
- Guide the technical design of solutions while balancing dependencies and integration with other products across the organization
Product Development and Delivery
- Lead internal customers throughout all aspects of applications development life cycle from validating user stories and acceptance criteria to managing end to end and user acceptance testing, handover and training
- Prioritize customer requests and align these to overall institutional objectives
- Liaise with internal and external developers and experts to ensure timely and accurate implementation of validated user stories, organize user acceptance testing (and/or perform these where appropriate) and liaise with the release manager to ensure timely delivery of the solutions to business stakeholders
- Develop, maintain and implement sound project governance practices in accordance with best practice project management methodologies
- Plan, assist in preparation of business case, budget, organize, manage and monitor projects under his/her responsibility, including liaison with all pertinent stakeholders and ensure their timely and successful completion
- Monitor the target benefits realization (as per the project’s business case) and report to IMD senior management in this regard
- Compile and maintain up-to-date detailed project documentation throughout the projects’ lifecycle
- Ensure that the solution’s technical documentation is delivered by the project team
Business Analysis and Change Management
- Identify stakeholders, gather business requirements, facilitate workshops and meetings as well as document business processes, work flows, data and reporting needs
- Perform detailed systems, data and process analyses, identify efficiency and effectiveness improvements and develop solutions accordingly
- Assist business stakeholders in adopting the process changes and new solutions
Resource and Vendor Management
- Review contracts with outsourced service providers to ensure that the relationship with these suppliers is clearly established and well operable in terms of responsibilities, service levels, services to be delivered, their timing, etc.
- Manage supplier relations and their performance
- Master in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- PMI-ACP certification or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience in an innovative IT environment and managing projects (owning the accountability of the delivery), using Agile/Scrum Project Management methodology
- Proven experience managing the full project lifecycle in demanding business environments and cross-functional projects using PMO methodologies, managing benefits and related changes
- Experience managing several large enterprise-wide projects
- Experience working with internal and external (nearshore/offsite) project resources
- Experience working with SalesForce an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly in order to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work on several different projects and meet deadlines; self-starter, work independently and effectively with others; excellent team spirit
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly business aware; service - and customer-oriented
- Responsible, open-minded and people-oriented
- Strong team spirit
- Fluency in English both written and oral, French is a plus
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.