Custom Programs Associate Director
The Job’s mission
The Associate Director belong to a team that is the center of expertise with respect to the design, development and sales for customized programs within IMD. The Associate Director’s role is to support the business development activities in the Custom Programs Team to ensure IMD is doing high-quality custom program work with the most interesting, most compelling, most profitable (for IMD) and most enlightening clients.
The Associate Director works as a team with the Custom Programs Directors in business development activities so that IMD’s go to market strategy is effective and successful. The Asscoiate Director is also responsible for taking the lead on opportunistic custom program opportunities and for closing these deals on his/her own.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Support Directors in custom programs proposal work. Draft proposals that match IMD’s brand, sometimes in collaboration with the Director and sometimes independently.
- Bring new innovative ideas, by brainstorming with a Director of Custom Progrmas, to a client’s challenge and build in the innovation in the response. This involves integrating graphics, videos etc into the proposals and making sure that the proposals reflect high end IMD’s brand. The Associate Director should also know how to fully use all of IMD’s portfolio in learning solutions.
- Do a first diagnosis (under the supervision of Director of Custom Programs) of a client’s learning and development needs and and what possible custom L&D solutions may look like.
- Professionally and convincingly present IMD’s proposals to clients together with a Director, a Client & Market Development Director and/or faculty.
- Introduce the faculty Program Director to the client and facilitate the onboarding relationship.
- Maintain and follow-up on-going discussions with faculty about their client preferences, program design capabilities and Program Directorship interests in order to make the right faculty – client matches.
- Making sure knowledge is shared across the institution an that innovation is brought forward in proposals and in client disucssions.
- Price and negotiate deals with clients under the supervision of a Director.
- Utilize departmental sales processes and client classification schemas.
- University degree (Master) in related filed such as Business Administration, Strategy, Marketing
- 5-8 years of professional experience in a Consulting firm or Executive Education institution
- Business development experience especially focused on solution selling is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fast learner
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and reporting communication skills
- Ability to present clear and compelling ideas to our clients and internally
- Customer centric and professional in working with clients
- Willingness and ability to effectively contribute in a team-oriented, matrix environment
- Outstanding teamwork and organizational skills
- Consistently work within a CRM system context for documenting activity, tracking results, analysis, and reporting. Excellent Computer skills - Office minimum, CRM/SalesForce a plus.
- Fluent spoken and written English, other languages an advantage
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
IMD is a leading academic institution welcoming thousands of participants to our campus in Lausanne every year. We have a duty to protect our employees, participants, suppliers and other members of our community against transmission of COVID-19 and to ensure our campus provides a safe environment for our all participants to embark on their executive education journeys with us. To fulfil this obligation, we require all candidates for new positions show proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. Exemptions exist for those unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons as well as those who have a result test positive following a serological test.