Community Engagement & Events Lead
The Job’s mission
The Community Engagement and Events Lead is responsible for creating, executing and continuously improving IMD’s communities and event strategy, with the aim of engaging current and potential IMD clients and positioning IMD as a preferred partner beyond Executive Development.
Internally, this person will work closely with the President’s Office, the Client Engagement team, Faculty and Communications, to enable the design and delivery of a targeted portfolio of communities and events; and partner externally to nurture various C-suite and senior leader communities and strategic IMD sponsorships.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Community building and management:
- Act as the primary person to build and develop a portfolio of C-suite communities (CXO, Sustainability, D&I, Luxury, etc.).
- Develop a Communities value proposition and a corresponding engagement plan for each audience, together with input from Faculty sponsors and Client Engagement. This plan will be delivered annually, with the goal of continual innovation and improvement.
- Work with Client Engagement team and Faculty to define a process to nominate the right companies and C-level executives to the respective communities.
- Coordination and entrepreneurship:
- Oversee the management of the participant list of each community, to ensure the information is kept up to date, easy to access and mobilize.
- Set up the engagement agenda for the year and ensure it’s executed in a timely fashion and at the highest level (e.g. content nudges, surveys, networking events and CXO roundtables.
- Building this new community requires an entrepreneurial mind-set as well as administrative capability: the ideal candidate will work autonomously in the set-up and development of this highly exclusively community, and will have the willingness to administer and coordinate within IMD’s other departments as well as the C-suite community members – as primary contact person for community matters, including the organization.
- Thought leadership:
- Partner with the Faculty and Communications team to manage the C-suite community’s annual agenda. Curate and define the topics to be worked on, in collaboration with IMD Research and Faculty, as well as the chairing board of the C-suite community.
- Drive thought leadership and orchestrate the creation and diffusion of such thought leadership via white papers, roundtable discussions, etc.
- Work with Faculty on key polling and surveying topics to capture client priorities and challenges that can be addressed in these communities.
- Centralize IMD’s event management practices in a Center of Excellence.
- Create a single view of the various event channels, across Client Engagement, Alumni, NEXUS, Executive Development Services, Global Centres, etc.
- Organize a single event calendar that can be leveraged by all client facing staff and Faculty to share with clients a holistic view of IMD events and activities.
- Develop and implement a standardized process for how IMD should deliver events in a coordinated and efficient way.
Corporate Sponsorship Management
- Act as the point person for IMD’s various sponsorships – with an overview of the key relationships and investment of IMD.
- Work with each Client and Market Director on the sponsorships in their respective markets, to help define an ROI and clear value proposition of each sponsorship.
- Help take the lead with the sponsor organization, to define opportunities for creating value out of the partnership (events, faculty speaking opportunities, content support, etc).
- Work with the PCFA to delegate event delivery and planning task and operational elements.
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Building and developing a strong portfolio of C-suite partners and crafting compelling value propositions for this new IMD community.
- Achieving high member and partner retention, as well as high levels of engagement.
- Ensuring continuous engagement, with tailored partnership models and multi-year engagement plans.
- Translating strategic C-suite community interests into academic albeit applied knowledge and activities, and collaborating with other IMD colleagues to jointly deliver value for the C-suite and broader IMD community.
- Building a robust network of C-suite members within and in alignment with the existing IMD networks.
- Master degree in related field such as Business Administration, Strategy, Marketing.
- A proven track record in building communities, forums, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter.
- Corporate or Academic event management delivered for high-level executives. Experience of delivering high-quality events and communications within a wider strategic framework.
- Ability to think strategically, but also execute and get things done.
- Can be comfortable with managing C-level executives and their teams, in a way that is high-level of service,
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people.
- Highley organized, methodical and detail oriented.
- Can create trust that they understand the task at hand and gives confidence that it will be delivered on.
- Customer-focused and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and reporting communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passionate and curious about new trends.
- Ability to write clear, concise and compelling communication that represents IMD’s brand value.
- Willingness and ability to effectively collaborate and contribute in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and with an interdependent team
- Consistently work within a CRM system context for documenting activity, tracking results, analysis, and reporting, preferably knowledge in Salesforce.
- Fluent spoken and written English, other languages an advantage.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to attend events taking place “out-of-hours” and work some evenings and weekends.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.