The Job’s mission
We are looking for a proactive team player to join our dynamic international communications team to assist with administrative duties. Supporting our Chief Communications Officer and the broader team, you will help coordinate an intricate schedule so we can together deliver on IMD’s mission: to challenge what is and inspire what could be.
The Communications Assistant is providing excellent administrative support to two key constituencies:
- The Chief Communications Officer
- Communications team
to support the day-to-day operations from scheduling to logistics.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Carry out general administrative and other duties as required
- Provide support in the Chief Communications Officer’s agenda management
- Includes arranging meetings with key clients and high-profile stakeholders
- Organize logistics for internal and external meetings for both the CCO and the department, including collecting materials
- Organize travel planning: reservation of flights, accommodation, visas, etc.
- Manage expense claims in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate the departmental payment processes
- Support creation of ppt presentations
- Manage the scheduling and follow-ups of editorial contributors
- CFC, “maturité commerciale” or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as (Executive) Assistant
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience in a customer relations role an asset
- Fluent in English; a good command of French is a plus; any additional language is an asset
- Computer literate (MS Office, Salesforce)
- Tech savvy; ability to troubleshoot problems
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an independent manner
- Excellent communication skills, customer-focused and diplomatic attitude
- Team player
- Stress resilient; good time management, organization and logistics skills
- Diplomatic and discreet, proactive attitude, professional
- Fast, flexible, efficient and good with detail; ability to consistently meet deadlines
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.