Client & Market Development – Associate Director
The Job’s mission
To work as an Associate Director, alongside the Client & Market Development Director, to successfully execute the Go-to-Market strategy for the German and Austrian Markets. This role is to enable consistent and balanced revenue growth by developing, maintaining and growing interesting, relevant and profitable clients in the region.
This candidate must:
1. Have deep expertise in the field of learning and development
2. Have complex solution selling and challenger capabilities to help provide innovative and compelling solutions to our clients’ talent and learning challenges
3. Be able to master and leverage the rich IMD ecosystem of faculty, programs, products and services, to put together the best value adding solution to support a client need
The C&MD Associate Director will be responsible for contributing to the IMD portfolio of products (open programs, custom programs and IMD NEXUS) and revenues in the assigned market, set by the C&DM Market Director.
This includes winning new business through new targeted accounts, and by growing revenue with existing corporate accounts.
Key activities & accountabilities
Client & Market Responsibility
- Along with the C&MD Director, set and execute the go to market strategy and strategically select the priority clients for growing the business in order to ensure revenue growth in the market
- Create a trusted advisor role for our clients, being able to build credibility, quickly establish trust, be able to teach and challenge. Have deep conversations with clients (C-suite) about their strategic and transformation challenges and how IMD can help them drive the transformation. Must also elevate more junior/operational contacts to higher levels within the company.
- Important to have a clear understanding of both individual and organizational development, being able to support organizations through both customized interventions, as well as the strategic positioning and selling of open-enrolment programs
- Responsible for coordination with strategic partners (business partners/agents, alumni clubs) in the markets, including developing an in-market event strategy for the Market.
- Fit well within the culture of IMD – being able to be highly accountable, driven and self-motivating. Critical to be able to engage, build trust and leverage internal IMD stakeholders and use indirect influence, in order to achieve objectives
- Diagnose a client’s learning and development needs based on a deep understanding of the client’s strategy, L&D strategy, and leadership competencies and knowing how IMD can help and what possible L&D solutions may look like
- Utilize departmental sales processes and client classification schemas
Responsibility Across IMD Key Products and Services
Custom Program Development Responsibility:
- Create and qualify opportunities with interesting companies, interesting projects and interesting revenue to ensure the Custom Program Development (CPD) team pursues the right strategic opportunities for IMD
- Excel at creating the lead, engaging the CPD team in the scoping of the opportunity and facilitate the handoff to the design and delivery of the intervention. Once handed off, re-focus on the client relationship development
Open Enrolment Opportunities for Corporates
- Proactively source larger Open Program opportunities within key target organizations by positioning the OP portfolio’s value, benefits and outcomes for both individual and organizational development.
- Focus on deploying B2B2C strategies to ensure systematic approach to integrating OP solutions into companies’ talent and learning needs.
- As a result of a strong B2B2C strategy, identify needs that link to larger OP sales opportunities for corporates to key IMD open programs
- Seek to install the IMD Open Program Library onto the Learning Management Systems of target organizations to ensure IMD is systematically present in their executive development opportunities
IMD Nexus Opportunities
- Integrate IMD NEXUS into the key accounts in the market’s segmentation, to help support long-term relationship and accelerate cross/up-selling opportunities
- Present NEXUS as a wholistic IMD platform for your current clients to get more value out of their IMD partnership, beyond programs. Present IMD NEXUS to potential clients, as way for them to get to know IMD, explore the value proposition and get foot in the door, through NEXUS
- Master degree in related filed such as Business Administration, Strategy, Marketing (MBA or graduate equivalent highly preferred)
- A proven track record of business development and solutions-based strategic selling at the executive level in global organizations
- Strong commercial experience in either executive education and or professional service solutions
- Relevant experience in and understanding of assigned region
- Understanding of the German/Austrian market, culture and language
- Showcase self-motivation, commitment to taking the right actions to achieve goals, independent but team oriented
- Ability to sell and negotiate intangible services/solutions in a strategic context
- Ability to sell through insight
- Showcase challenger characteristics, teach, tailor, trust
- Customer-focused and excellent analytical skills: ability to diagnose client issues when the client may be unclear regarding its organizational context and learning objectives
- Develop a thorough understanding of learning and development theory, application and evolution in the corporate context
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and reporting communication skills
- Ability to write clear, concise and compelling proposals that represents IMD’s brand value
- Willingness and ability to effectively contribute in a team-oriented, matrix environment
- Consistently work within a CRM system context for documenting activity, tracking results, analysis, and reporting
- Fluent in German and English, both spoken and written
- Willingness to travel within assigned region and internationally up to 50% of the time.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.