Accounting Officer - AR (100%)
The Job’s mission
As part of the Accounts Receivable team, the Accounting Officer will have a crucial role in taking care of invoicing relations with IMD clients related to all of our business activities. He/she will work closely with Faculty, other involved departments and the Financial Controller. Finally, he/she will take an active part in the implementation of process and system improvement projects.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Manage custom program invoicing for our international clients
- Take full ownership of invoice cash collection and control processes
- Manage preparation and analysis of ageing balance and doubtful accounts’ provision
- Manage bank credit cash transactions related to our activities
- Working with the Financial Controller, establish key reports on invoicing / revenue
- Manage accounts receivable transactions for our Singapore affiliate
- Reconcile general ledger accounts in Lausanne and Singapore books for periodical closings
- Manage credit card payments and transactions
- Establish invoices regarding special IMD activities
- As part of the global finance team, contribute to the coordination of accounting related projects
- CFC or maturity in commercial field
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- Experience in an international environment
- Strong experience working with customers
- Coordination or active participation in projects involving several departments
- Computer literate (MS Office, excellent Excel skills and Accounting ERP system knowledge)
- Fluent in English and a good command of French
- Excellent communication skills, customer-focused and diplomatic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to take initiatives and adapt quickly in order to meet deadlines
- Flexible, proactive and open-minded
- Ability to work independtly as well as high capacity for teamwork
- Agile in understanding complex processes
- With a strong team spirit and willingness to help and support other team members
- A self driven personality with strong attention to details; outstanding ability to organise, prioritises and produce consistently high quality work
- Strong upward management skills
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.