Alumni Relations & Development Coordinator
The Job’s mission
IMD is looking to recruit an Alumni Relations & Development Coordinator to work within the Development & Alumni Relations Office. The Alumni Relations & Development Coordinator plays a key role in supporting the School’s alumni engagement and development program.
The Alumni Relations & Development Coordinator is providing excellent administrative support to two key constituencies:
- The Alumni Relations team
- The Development team
to support the day-to-day operations.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Support the Development & Alumni Relations team communicating with alumni regarding upcoming events and/or their donations to the Institution
- Provide administrative support (arrange meetings, manage the agenda, coordinate the departmental payment processes, etc.)
- Respond quickly and in a helpful manner to queries from alumni and donors
- Assist the team with the delivery of a sophisticated local and global program of alumni events and engagement
- Assist with record management and contact information updates in donor and alumni database
- Assist with regular updating of content on HIVE, the online alumni portal
- Assist with prospect research and information verification for the development team
- Assist with other tasks as required
- CFC, “maturité commerciale” or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ previous experience in the role of team Assistant or team Co-ordinator, including where possible:
- Events planning, coordination, and delivery
- Front facing customer relations experience
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience of Higher Education administration
- Agenda and travel management
- Fluent in English; a good command of French is a plus; any additional language is an asset
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Tech savvy – ability to work with virtual conference tools (zoom, X2O, Miro, etc), able to trouble shoot technical issues.
- Proven organization and administration skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an independent manner
- Excellent communication skills, customer-focused and diplomatic
- Team player is a must
- High level of Client service skills
- Stress management, customer-oriented, professional
- Time management, organization and logistics skills
- Diplomatic and discreet, proactive attitude
- Flexibility to work evenings, nights and weekends when required
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.