Lessons from the first NGO
Journey to Global Presence

The quest to become “truly global” in terms of market reach, innovation, talent flows, integrated functions and processes.

Lessons from the first NGO

Journey to Global Presence

Discover the book

IMD’s professors identify and address the seven transformation journeys that are reshaping corporations today

Global Presence
Professor Michael Wade talks about the Quest for Global Presence

This webcast is one in a series of webcasts exploring themes from IMD’s book Quest and part of the virtual services available exclusively to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

Global Presence
Professor Cyril Bouquet on smarter allocation of attention in global corporations

Extract from a Wednesday Webcast: “Subsidiaries on the Radar Screen: What is Your Strategy for Managing Corporate Headquarters?” interviewed by Paul Hunter. This webcast is part of the virtual services available exclusively to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

Global Presence
Professor Stewart Black on securing talent in emerging economies

Extract from a Wednesday Webcast: “Winning the War for Talent Part 1: In the Trenches,” interviewed by Paul Hunter. This webcast is part of the virtual services available exclusive to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

Global Presence
Professor Winter Nie on the global strategies of Chinese companies

Extract from a Wednesday Webcast: “In The Shadow of the Dragon,” interviewed by Paul Hunter. This webcast is part of the virtual services available exclusive to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

Global Presence
Professor Margaret Cording on the expectation of synergies across business units

Extract from a Wednesday Webcast: “Mini-Series: Strategy Fundamentals – Part 4: Corporate Strategy,” interviewed by Paul Hunter. This webcast is part of the virtual services available exclusive to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

FT CASE STUDY

HOW POLO KIT MAKER LA MARTINA RESISTED THE TEMPTATION OF FAST FASHION-LED GROWTH

An Argentine of Italian origin, Lando Simonetti built a career in the US fashion industry before returning to Argentina in 1985 and founding La Martina. A keen polo player in his youth, Mr Simonetti saw an opportunity to provide professional players with high-quality equipment. He began by making leather saddles and boots, then added shirts and caps. To reinforce the brand’s Argentine roots, La Martina sourced 65 per cent of materials locally.

TOMORROW’S CHALLENGES

CROSS-CULTURAL LEADERSHIP

How to run operations in markets we don’t understand

CASE STUDY