Lessons from ancient Persia
Journey to Global Leadership Development

The quest to build up a distributed leadership capability (monitoring and developing the leadership competencies of executives) at all levels of the organization.

Lessons from ancient Persia

Discover the book

IMD’s professors identify and address the seven transformation journeys that are reshaping corporations today

Global Leadership Development
Professor Michael Watkins talks about the Quest for Global Leadership Development

This webcast is one in a series of webcasts exploring themes from IMD’s book Quest and part of the virtual services available exclusively to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

Global Leadership Development
Professor Martha Maznevski on the development needs of global leaders

Extract from a Wednesday Webcast: “Developing Global Leaders – Hercules Meets Buddha,” interviewed by Paul Hunter. This webcast is part of the virtual services available exclusive to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

Global Leadership Development
Professor Shlomo Ben-Hur on building an effective learning function

Extract from a Wednesday Webcast: “Cultural Enablers for Organizational Learning,” interviewed by Paul Hunter. This webcast is part of the virtual services available exclusive to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

Global Leadership Development
Professor Michael Watkins on preparing to switch from specialist to generalist

Extract from a Wednesday Webcast: “Mini-Series: Moving Up to Enterprise Leadership: The Seven Seismic Shifts – Part 1,” interviewed by Paul Hunter. This webcast is part of the virtual services available exclusive to members of the Corporate Learning Network (CLN).

TOMORROW’S CHALLENGES

BETTING ON LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: THREE FALSE PATHS
Pursuing leadership development for competitive advantage is a gamble. Here are three common traps.
Over the past couple of decades, companies have come to see leadership development as an organizational capability, not just a top-level succession necessity. More and more companies are expanding their view of talent to harness the leadership potential throughout their workforce. The reasoning is that by taking a systemic view of leadership development, companies can build a hard-to-replicate source of human resource-based competitive advantage.

TOMORROW’S CHALLENGES

THE FRAGILE STATE OF TALENT MANAGEMENT
A crisis ahead that won’t be financial
Globalization offers business immense possibilities: bigger markets, more sources of innovation, and – in theory, at least – a wider, deeper pool of talent. That’s the good news.

TOMORROW’S CHALLENGES

How we can prepare the next generation
Leadership is in demand. The complex challenges that face teams, organizations and societies are demanding new ways of thinking about and shaping the future. In spite of decades of leadership research and the increasing demand for better leadership, we still do not have a lot of answers. We have all but given up the idea of a formula for leadership.