This event will explore what it takes for leaders to negotiate effectively, both with external and internal stakeholders.
Key themes include:
- Why negotiation is a fundamental skill for leaders at all levels
- What types of negotiations leaders conduct, internally and externally
- How leaders need to conceptualize the negotiation "game" and learn to shape the rules
- What effective negotiators do to prepare for and conduct complex negotiations
- Why conflict is an inherent part of negotiation and how it can be managed
- Which skills are most important, including effective communication, conflict management, and persuasion
- How to think strategically about negotiations
- How to prepare for negotiations
- Understanding and managing conflict
- Communicating effectively during negotiations
- Persuading and influencing
- Middle to senior managers involved in internal negotiation (budgets, projects), external negotiations (customers, suppliers, acquisitions and alliances), or working in complex organizational environments such as matrix structures.