|Corporate Sustainability Open Forum|
|Date||September 17-18 2009|
Is it possible to stay on strategy in terms of sustainability during a crisis? Even more ambitious, is it possible to strengthen sustainability strategy during an economic downturn?
These are among the questions that will be discussed during a two-day event organized by IMD’s Forum for Corporate Sustainability Management (CSM) on September 17 and 18. The CSM is a learning platform for companies working on integrating social and environmental issues into corporate strategy and a membership-driven initiative.
“We have been told by our members that the single most challenging aspect of sustainability strategy is its rollout in large and complex organizations. This dilemma can seem even more challenging, even impossible when an economic crisis is in full swing,” says Professor Corey Billington, Director of the CSM.
The Open Forum will address this issue, benefiting managers involved in corporate sustainability management, environment, health and safety, corporate social responsibility, strategy, HR, marketing and supply chain management from companies across all sectors.
If you represent such a company and feel that you may benefit from CSM either as a member or by partnering with CSM in a specific project activity, you are invited to this open event free of charge to try out "the CSM learning experience". Interested non-corporate participants are also invited but will be asked to pay a registration fee of CHF 700.
1. You will interactively network and discuss with other executives the relevance to corporate sustainability management of global trends identified by IMD research.
2. By learning from CSM empirical research on sustainability strategy, you will understand better why many organizations find it difficult to embed sustainability strategies and what solutions best practice companies are currently using.
3. You will learn about new approaches to dealing with sustainability challenges. We explore steps to decide how to plan ahead under uncertainty, and in interactive workshops we develop a sustainability application.
4. At this event, we will promote maximum cross-fertilization between companies on moves they have taken to overcome challenges during this crisis . Therefore you will also take home new ideas from others.
5. Finally, we explore new ways of convincing decision-makers to take bigger steps on long-term issues ranging from climate change to human rights.
Professor Billington and Dr Aileen Ionescu-Somers, Deputy Director of the CSM, will facilitate the Forum.