Leadership training: Take your career to the next level with leadership training
Leadership training is indispensable for leaders and organizations that not only want to survive, but thrive in today's global business climate. The changing nature of global business ad society has also redefined the role of leadership. Strong leadership skills are needed, with new approaches for addressing new realities. Today's business leaders find themselves in need of value-added management training courses, able to deliver critical knowledge and skills in order to lead successfully. A crucial part of such courses is centred on leadership training.
The changing nature of business leadership
As the nature and complexity of corporate entities continue to change, the type of leadership needed is also changing. Businesses are no longer simply in need of effective managers, but leaders with a vision and the ability to realise it. With the profound impact of business on societies and the environment, today's business leaders need to be able to demonstrate responsible leadership on multiple fronts. They need to embrace transformative leadership as a way to define and follow a clear vision, while also being able to motivate others to do the same. Considering growing stakeholder expectations, it becomes imperative for business leaders to engage in appropriate leadership training, able to deliver results.
Why invest in leadership training programs?
Acquiring the necessary skills to lead an organization is no longer possible simply by on the job training. Continuous learning, combining on-the-job training and executive education, is key to executive success. Effective leadership training programs realize this acute business need and aim to fulfil it in the best way possible. Such programs include leadership theory, leadership coaching and practical leadership exercises. High-impact leadership training helps you develop your own leadership style for the greatest impact.
How to find good leadership training
To maximize the benefits of leadership training, you need to join the right leadership development program for you. Questions to ask when evaluating different leadership training programs include:
- What are my exact leadership needs? Do I need to be better at leading and motivating individuals or teams? External or internal stakeholders? People over whom I have authority, or do not? Am I looking to strengthen skills for my current position, or develop skills for a new position? Make sure the program addresses your actual need.
- What level does the leadership training address? It's no good joining a program for young managers if you're looking to develop your leadership skills for becoming a CEO!
- How practical is the training? Leadership theories are important, but you'll get the most out of leadership training that allows you to practice your own skills.
- How credible is the institution offering the training? Your best bet is to go with recognized experts, such as top business management schools with a good reputation for effective leadership training.
Take your leadership skills to the next level
Want to be a more effective leader?
Discover how IMD’s Mobilizing People program can make a sustained impact on your leadership performance - download the free brochure now!
Looking for leadership training? How about IMD's:
- Leadership development program for young managers
- Business management training for high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Corporate training for future business leaders
- Personalized executive business coaching
- Leadership skills training for experienced managers
- Leadership skills training for women
- Strategic management training for business leaders
- Senior management training programs
- Strategic marketing course
- Strategic finance courses
- Training courses for learning executives
- Corporate governance training for board members
- Management succession plan training for family businesses
- Custom executive education for companies
- Or use our Program Finder to find your perfect leadership training!