Management training programs: Developing high impact leaders through management training programs
Management training programs help business executives build skills for leveraging new opportunities and creating exceptional organizational value.
IMD business school offers management training programs for every level of management, from high-potential young managers right up to CEOs and board members. The latter may seem a surprise: surely those at the top already know how to run a business? However, far from sitting back on their laurels, the most successful senior executives embrace the opportunity to keep up-to-date and ensure continued high-impact performance. A top management training program can provide such executives with a fresh perspective on broader economic and societal issues and help them to identify game-changing market moves.
As one of the top business schools in the world, IMD has a deep understanding of executive education needs. That’s why we offer specific management training programs addressing strategic challenges and issues faced by executives and managers at every level.
At which stages do managers most benefit from management training programs?
Key points where management training programs can boost your performance include:
- Early career: Young, ambitious managers with 5-10 years of business experience can prepare for greater responsibility through project management training, corporate training in different business functions, and managerial training programs.
- Mid-career: Business management training can help experienced functional managers prepare for general management positions. Business development training builds skills for developing and implementing strategies, while general management training courses provide essential skills for managing across functions. A leadership development program is also helpful for honing “soft” leadership skills, such as conflict resolution skills, negotiation skills, and skills for effectively motiving, inspiring and leading others. This career stage is also a good time to consider business management degrees.
- Top level: Senior executives and CEOs benefit from top management training programs – and board member training is also essential for company success. Corporate governance courses, for example, can help board members to better manage risk, identify the right business opportunities and meet the challenges of the business environment of today and tomorrow.
- When facing specific challenges: Another time to consider management training programs is when facing a particular business challenge. This could include building a business development strategy, financial issues such as mergers and acquisitions, or improving sustainability. You’ll gain the most from management training programs that focus on sharpening skills related to your challenge – and which allow you to work on your challenge during the program.
The most successful managers and leaders continuously seek to refine and leverage their skills and gain new knowledge. Smart companies support this lifelong learning by continuously sending them to the best management training programs.
Not the right Management training programs for you? What about IMD’s:
- Executive development program for mid-career managers
- Leadership courses for experienced managers
- Business management training for young, high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Business development strategy program for leaders encountering a specific challenge
- Corporate governance best practices program for board members
- Business finance course for senior financial and business executives
- Program for women business leaders
- Or use our Program Finder to discover all our management training programs!