Executive leadership development program: When you've reached the top, are your only choices to burn up or fade away? Not with a quality executive leadership development program!
An executive leadership development program can help senior leaders continue to be confident and astute in the face of today's - and tomorrow's - business challenges. When you've reached the top, some people may expect you'll stick with the tried and true until it's time to make way (fade away) - or even perhaps that you'll refuse to make way (burn up). But the reality is that as a successful senior executive, you know you still need to deliver high-impact strategy and leadership. After all, in an ever-changing business world, true leaders can never sit back on their laurels. They need to constantly look at things with a fresh eye, challenge the status quo, and take risks to deliver breakthrough performance. An executive leadership development program created for senior leaders can help you continue to lead your organization well and make game-changing moves.
Executive leadership development program - what do you need?
Not just any executive leadership development program will do, of course. An executive leadership development program that offers true value will build on your strengths and help you overcome challenges to deliver breakthrough performance. Such a senior leadership course should help you to explore and confront key questions for top leaders, for example:
- What is your organization's business ambition?
- What are the principle levers for breakthroughs, how can they be orchestrated and sustained?
- How robust are novel business models given changing economic, technological and regulatory environments?
- What is executive leadership in today's business world?
- How can senior executives deliver transformational change?
A good senior leadership development program should combine:
- Cutting-edge knowledge and up-to-date perspectives
- A focus on your own challenges
- Frameworks and tools to identify new opportunities
- Experiential learning
- Support for decision making
The best programs include personal reflection, personalized learning, and executive leadership coaching. An executive leadership development program should also have concrete takeaways: a personal leadership development plan, for example, and/or an action plan for delivering a business breakthrough. In this way, you'll ensure your capacity to continue to identify the right business opportunities and drive innovation, lead with conviction, and meet the challenges of the business environments of today and tomorrow.
Executive leadership development program - where do you find one?
Good business management schools are the best places to look for an effective senior leadership course. Business schools like IMD - one of the top business schools in the world - recognize that senior executives require an executive leadership development program that addresses their unique strategic leadership needs. By creating a leadership development program specifically for this top level, IMD helps senior leaders create exceptional value for their organization by delivering breakthrough performance with immediate business impact. This is the kind of outcome you should expect from a good senior executive leadership development program.
Top international business management training
Want to find new business opportunities that create exceptional value?
See how IMD's Breakthrough Program for Senior Executives can help you deliver game-changing business moves - download the free brochure now!
Not the right executive leadership development program for you? What about IMD’s:
- Executive development program for mid-career managers
- Leadership courses for experienced managers
- Business management training for young, high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Business development strategy program for leaders encountering a specific challenge
- Corporate governance best practices program for board members
- Business finance course for senior financial and business executives
- Program for women business leaders
- Or use our Program Finder to find your perfect executive leadership development program!